Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interactive Dashboard between tree map and donut - visualizing and drilling on multiple columns

Hi Guys

I am new to Power BI and I am trying to learn by analyzing some US FBI Crime data and I got stuck badly. I have a table called Robbery that includes fields like State, Robbery Rate, Firearms rate, knives rate, strong arms rate, other weapons rate.  I have more tables like murder, aggravated assault which have similar columns with values related to that particular crime.

Snippet of weapons..PNG

Robbery rate column is related to values in the Firearms rate, knives rate, strong rate columns arms rate, other weapons rate columns.

I want to show a tree map or a donut that has high level crime rate such as Robbery rate, murder rate and aggravated assault rate.

And when i click on the particular segment, i want to see the corresponding Firearms rate, knives rate, strong arms rate, other weapons rate based on the selection ( Robbery rate, murder rate and aggravated assault rate).

I tried created a hierarchy but it only shows me one level at a time but i want to see  (Firearms rate, knives rate, strong arms rate, other weapons rate) in one level.

Some thing like in the picture below. If i click on Robbery rate on the tree map, i want to be able to see the donut with the weapons related to the Robbery on tree map for that particular state.

Tree map to Donut.PNG

Please guide me how i can go around solving this?

Any help will be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

You cannot do that in power bi, Power bi cannot automatically analyze the weapons words and assign them to a crime type. What I am thinking is before power bi visuals, you should at least have a table that categorize those weapons to crimes. 

Regards
Paul

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.