Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ricardo77
Helper II
Helper II

Interactions on Power BI Desktop not working

Hello,

i've got a report where i show 3 tables: A) contract header -> B) line contract -> C) invoices , related using 1:n from "left to right".

A contract can have multiple lines, and each line can have multiple invoices related

In the canvas, they are displayed like this:

B

C

... where the interactions are: 

A can only change B
B can only change C

But the result, is, when i select a line of B, i change the filters on A, so in fact, "B changes C but also changes A"

Could this be a Power BI glitch? Or am I missing something here.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

It depends.

It depends on the order of the fields in your visual. It depends on which table you took the field from. It depends on you enabling/disabling "Show items with no data".  And it also depends on the data model phenomenon called "Auto exist"

Understanding DAX Auto-Exist - SQLBI

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ricardo77
Helper II
Helper II

Hello, 

thanks for your answers, but in fact it doesn't work, it should be related with one of the points mentioned by @lbendlin , to whom i left a kudos.

Thanks

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Ricardo77 
Make sure you have single direction relationship between A> B>C. With my test, this kind of relationship should interact as you expected.

V-pazhen-msft_1-1617069134168.png

V-pazhen-msft_2-1617069174432.png

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

It depends.

It depends on the order of the fields in your visual. It depends on which table you took the field from. It depends on you enabling/disabling "Show items with no data".  And it also depends on the data model phenomenon called "Auto exist"

Understanding DAX Auto-Exist - SQLBI

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.