Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

LeighMacKay
Helper I
Helper I

Interactions between visualisations doesn't flow through report

I am hoping that somebody can help me. I've really got myself in a pickle and even applying logic doesn't seem to help.

I've got a report containing 4 slicers, 2 cards and 1 table which I need to interact with each other.

Slicer 1 contains: start date and end date (dd/mm/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy).

Slicer 2 contains: event consultant (name field).

Slicer 3 contains: client name (list).

Slicer 4 contains: status (which is either, cancelled, confirmed or provisional).

Table 1: contains status, event consultant, client name, Business reference, start date, end date, commmission value and event value.

Card 1: Sum (£) of the commission --> which should be the same as the results of the table, which is filtered by the slicers.

Card 2: Sum (£) of the event value  --> which should be the same as the results of the table, which is filtered by the slicers.

All of the slicers work together.  Although the card results (which is a sum (£)) doesn't update when the slicers are altered.  However, the table of data does.

Does anybody have any tips? I've tried to show what I am trying to achieve below.  The arrows indicate what is impacted by the visual.

How the Filters work.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
LeighMacKay
Helper I
Helper I

I've added a small one minute video so that it "might" make what I am trying to achieve more achievable with a visual respresenation.  As I understand that my initial post is not as clear as it possibly should well be.

I hope that this helps.  Thanks again for viewing my post and trying to resolve my interactions issue.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LeighMacKay ,

AFAIK, measures are calculated based on current row contents.

When you use them on card, their row contents will change to whole table and show the result of total table level.(it not able to expand detail records of each category)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.