Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sidpar24
Frequent Visitor

Interaction between two different date slicers on same page

Hello folks,

I am facing one issue related to syncing of two different date slicers on the same page of report.
There are two different date columns in a fact table,
a.) Creation date b.) Closed date.
both of them belongs to same fact table. I have created two slicers on same page of a report, one for creation date and other one for Closed date.

I want both slicers to work in a sync. Like when i select date range in Creation date slicer then this range should also get passed to the the Closed date slicer automatically. i will hide the Closed date slicer. User will only be interacting with Creation date slicer.

Is there any possible way to sync both the slicers?

I tried Data interaction option too. But that is also not working.

Please suggest any solution to this.
Thanks in advance!!

Regards,
Siddhant

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Sidpar24
Frequent Visitor

Hi @amitchandak ,

Thanks for the the solution.

But i have found another approach to solve this issue.

If we have to sync slicers we have to group them under the advance options in the sync slicers settings.

Ex: Suppose we have two slicers, 1st slicer is date created and 2nd slicer is date closed. Both the columns i.e date created and date closed reside in the same table. 

Now in order to sync them we have to give the same group name to both the slicers. To do so, go to view-> sync slicers -> advantage options -> Group. Give the same group name to both the slicers. Now these two slicers are synced together.

Thanks 

siddhant parashar 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Sidpar24
Frequent Visitor

Hi @amitchandak ,

Thanks for the the solution.

But i have found another approach to solve this issue.

If we have to sync slicers we have to group them under the advance options in the sync slicers settings.

Ex: Suppose we have two slicers, 1st slicer is date created and 2nd slicer is date closed. Both the columns i.e date created and date closed reside in the same table. 

Now in order to sync them we have to give the same group name to both the slicers. To do so, go to view-> sync slicers -> advantage options -> Group. Give the same group name to both the slicers. Now these two slicers are synced together.

Thanks 

siddhant parashar 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Sidpar24 , If you need the same date to be filtered for those dates then you can use date table with active inactive join and userelationship

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-tr...

If the dates from the table are used in the slicer.  They will filter each other, if they are not range slicer 

Same way if you have two dimensions for these dates. You can this technique on nonrange slicers 

dimension to dimenison filter
Learn Power BI Advance- Abstract Thesis Part 71: How to filter the slicer of a disconnected table: https://youtu.be/cV5WfaQt6C8

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.