Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rusgesig
Helper IV
Helper IV

Intellisense failing daily

Intellisense is failing daily. I'm reinstalling Power BI every day, it doesn't matter if I use the web download on the the app store download. How do I fix this permanently?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, 

Yes it was working fine before. I was referring specifically to the DAX formula bar, not M. I've been switching between the app store version and the latest web download. I am now back on the ms app store version and it started working again. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rusgesig
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi, this setting was already enabled.

Hi, @rusgesig 

Was it working fine before? Please check your version of PowerBI Desktop and try another version of PowerBI.

You can find Power BI updates for previous months in the Power BI monthly updates archive.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Hi, 

Yes it was working fine before. I was referring specifically to the DAX formula bar, not M. I've been switching between the app store version and the latest web download. I am now back on the ms app store version and it started working again. 

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @rusgesig 

Are you referring to M Intellisense?

In Power BI, go to File|Options & Settings|Options, and scroll down to the Power Query Editor.

Check the “Enable M Intellisense in the formula bar....” checkbox. You’ll need to restart Power BI for this to take effect.

veasonfmsft_0-1665544476675.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.