Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Intelligent Headers for DAX

Hi @all,

For our report I have following challenge.

For every month I need a sum of forcast. Because there is no column with a date available I only have 

the column headers which indicates the month. [See below]

Is there a way that a DAX formular reads these headers and compair it with a time intelligence function in 

order to return the forcast value of the current month.

As far as I learned the table is not stable so that the column positions are changing, a VLOOKUP might not 

be possible.

ItemForcast SEPForcast OCT
A123321
B456654
C789321

Thank you so much for your help in advance.

Felix

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

You can go to Query Editor, select Forcast SEP and Forcast OCT columns then click on Unpivot Columns button to get below results: 

w1.PNGw2.PNG

Then split the Attribute column to get month name in a separate column. After you apply these changes, you can use DAX based on this month column with date table to achieve your requirement. 

w3.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

You can go to Query Editor, select Forcast SEP and Forcast OCT columns then click on Unpivot Columns button to get below results: 

w1.PNGw2.PNG

Then split the Attribute column to get month name in a separate column. After you apply these changes, you can use DAX based on this month column with date table to achieve your requirement. 

w3.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.