cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jarmoosh Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Integration with Dynamics365 - security considerations

Hello,

I have Dynamics365 and I've created a report that contains information about opportunities. I have embed my tile on Dynamics365 dashboard. Everything works great BUT security roles that are assigned to users in D365 does not affect PowerBi report.

I need to have at least 3 roles:

- sales person - only can see his own records

- sales manager - can only see his own and all of his team members (salespeople)

- director - see everything under his Business Unit

Of course there will be few directors with their sales managers with their sales person etc. 

I am aware too that users can share records.

I am also aware about USERNAME() function but when I tried to test it, my report on dashboard was unavailable.

Please any help/advices.

Best regards,

JJ

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Integration with Dynamics365 - security considerations

Sounds like you need to sue Row Level Security (RLS) and place people into the correct roles.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

jarmoosh Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

that sounds good but I can't publish report with RLS to web. anything that i am missing?

Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Hi @jarmoosh,

From your description, it seems that you are able to set end users view different data via RLS on Power BI side, right? 

It's a limitation that Publish to web feature doesn't support RLS. To embed a Power BI dashboard in Dynamics 365, please follow this article: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics/crm-customer-center/add-or-edit-power-bi-visualizations-on-...

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.