Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

wrightsan

Insurance loss ratio calculation

Hi there

I am new to all things Power BI , and I am building some insurance reporting dashboards.

I am looking to build a dashboard which will allow me to calculate the loss ratio and triangles of a particular account. I have an excel file with the raw risk data and a excel file with the claims data (risk file shows the premium and claims file shows the claims). The common factor on both is the vehicle registration number.

What I would like to do, is to build a dashboard which matches the vehicle registration number on both files, and then calculates the loss ratio (claims divided by premium), as I would like to show this at portfolio level, but also at a more granular level.

I would also like to develop triangles, but again, not sure how I will need to do this.

I have not yet figured out how to calculate this, so if any one can help me, it would be appreciated! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@wrightsan 

You may try using RELATED and RELATEDTABLE.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@wrightsan 

You may try using RELATED and RELATEDTABLE.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
lc_finance
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @wrightsan ,

I would be happy to help you.

Can you share a sample Power BI file with your source data? Also an example in Excel of the report you want to achieve, including the formulas you use, etc

You share it by uploading it to One Drive, Google Drive or another similar tool.

Regards,

LC

Interested in Power BI and DAX? Check out my blog at www.finance-bi.com

Hi @LC 

Sorry for the delay, I forgot to log into the forum! 

Is there a way to share data without it being available to the whole forum, as it contains sensitive data.

A

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.