Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Adrie

Installing Power BI Desktop

When I try to download & install Power BI Desktop from the Microsoft store on my 64-bits system (Windows, O365 Pro), I get the error message: code 0x80070005 and it stops.

On the other hand, if I try the installer https://www.microsoft.com/nl-nl/download/confirmation.aspx?id=58494 it is succesfully installed. What is the difference, why that error code? And will Power BI Desktop be updated automatically now that I have chosen for the second option?

1 REPLY 1
JosefPrakljacic
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

HI @Adrie ,

I can't answer your first question regarding the difference and the error code but I can tell you that Power BI Desktop WON'T be updated automatically when you choose the second option.

Regarding the first question here is a short description regarding the diffrences

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it some kudos?

Have a nice day!

BR,
Josef

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.