Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SErgey-kuznetso
Frequent Visitor

Insert previous value

How can I use DAX formula to insert values from previous months?

Example: There is a table http://prntscr.com/qufdjt it is necessary that the value of the Steps is rolled in the current month from the previous one, thereby making it possible to compare these two indicators.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You need to add more conditions like Region

Example

Last Month column = minx(FILTER('Date','Date'[Date]=EARLIER('Date'[Prev Month Value]) && 'Date'[Region]= earlier('Date'[Region])),'Date'[Month-Year]) 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

I did it two steps. In two columns

First columns get the date that corresponds to the date this month, Second brings the content

Prev Month Value = dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,MONTH)
Last Month column = minx(FILTER('Date','Date'[Date]=EARLIER('Date'[Prev Month Value])),'Date'[Month-Year]) 

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution. In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @
Thanks. My Recent Blog -
Winner-Topper-on-Map-How-to-Color-States-on-a-Map-with-Winners , HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-trend
Power-BI-Working-with-Non-Standard-Time-Periods And Comparing-Data-Across-Date-Ranges

Connect on Linkedin 

@amitchandak 

Ok! First step helped me to figure out Prev_Month_Value but due to the function MINX it insert the minimal value from previous month.

There are many repeated Regions with different values of the Steps and I need to insert the Previous Value of the Region from Last Month in current.

Here another example of table http://prntscr.com/qugxns 

You need to add more conditions like Region

Example

Last Month column = minx(FILTER('Date','Date'[Date]=EARLIER('Date'[Prev Month Value]) && 'Date'[Region]= earlier('Date'[Region])),'Date'[Month-Year]) 

@amitchandak 

Thanks, It works! I really appreciate your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.