Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kev_bro
Frequent Visitor

Insert Column with text based on another column

Hi all , 

New to the Community and also using Power BI , so apologies if the below done not seem clear 

I am trying to group clientswhich  have mutiple products , so I first want to know which clients have a "SIPP" Product and if they have any of the other products and what the total value is ( clear in the output I would expect to see) 

Account NumberClient Id Product Type Amount
A00001CLID1SIPP£25.00
A00001CLID1SIPP£25.00
A00002CLID1GIA£200.00
A00003CLID2GIA£500.00
A00004CLID3SIPP£100.00

I have assumed I am likely going to need to add another column when trabsforming and use the switch function top to add a yes value if the client has  "SIPP" text under  Product Type . Then then some further filtering or meassure to then look up at client level those that have a SIPP product and potential flag another field with Yes across each row so that when you get into reporting you can identiy a count of the client holding "SIPP" Product Type only vs those that Are holding "SIPP" and "GIA " vs those that are not hold "SIPP)

Thus in the above example once in the report I would expect to see CLID1 has a SIPP and Other product with value of £450 and CLID2 does not hold a SIPP and their value is £500

ClLI3 Holds only a SIPP with a value of £100

If anyone able to point me in the direction of what I need to do eitheir through transforming my data set or using measures would be most appreciative 

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@kev_bro , the expected output is not clear.

A new column like this can help?

New column =
var _SIPP = countx(filter(Table,[Client Id] =earlier([Client Id]) && [Product Type] = "SIPP"),[Account Number])
var _Not = countx(filter(Table,[Client Id] =earlier([Client Id]) && [Product Type] <> "SIPP"),[Account Number])
return
switch(true(),
not(isblank(_SIPP)) && not(isblank(_not)), "SIPP and Others",
not(isblank(_SIPP)) && (isblank(_not)) ,"Only SIPP",
(isblank(_SIPP)) && not(isblank(_not)) ,"No SIPP",
"Others"
)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
kev_bro
Frequent Visitor

@amitchandak thanks for the super fast response and the help 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@kev_bro , the expected output is not clear.

A new column like this can help?

New column =
var _SIPP = countx(filter(Table,[Client Id] =earlier([Client Id]) && [Product Type] = "SIPP"),[Account Number])
var _Not = countx(filter(Table,[Client Id] =earlier([Client Id]) && [Product Type] <> "SIPP"),[Account Number])
return
switch(true(),
not(isblank(_SIPP)) && not(isblank(_not)), "SIPP and Others",
not(isblank(_SIPP)) && (isblank(_not)) ,"Only SIPP",
(isblank(_SIPP)) && not(isblank(_not)) ,"No SIPP",
"Others"
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.