Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

potiu

Inquiry about Slicer Function In PBI Desktop

Hi,

I am new user to Power BI and have some questions wish to get help from you guys.

1. Can I disable certain graph to have slicer effect? I am using September/October version?

2, Is it possible to have 2 slicers in a single Power bI sheet? If the previous question has an No answer, then I should move the second slicer to a new Power BI sheet should be the best option, am I right?

3. Can I fit the colour in the graph? For instance, red colour will display for the bar that need special attention while I select different year in the slicer?

4. Can I delete column (year) in the slicer that contain no data in the for the whole year? If not, any suggestion to remove the data selection when put month in the slicer? The filter function for the slicer is not available.

Thank you.

Regards,

Potiu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@potiu

Can I disable certain graph to have slicer effect? I am using September/October version?

Yes, but you need to deny the filtering from Slicer. Just go to "Format"->"Edit Interaction"。

24.PNG

Is it possible to have 2 slicers in a single Power bI sheet?

Yes, you can keep multiple slicers within single report page. 

Can I fit the colour in the graph? For instance, red colour will display for the bar that need special attention while I select different year in the slicer?

Yes, you can assign a color for specific Legend item. 

Can I delete column (year) in the slicer that contain no data in the for the whole year? If not, any suggestion to remove the data selection when put month in the slicer? The filter function for the slicer is not available.

No, it's not possible. Slicer will populate all values in your data field. It can't determine if an item has corresponding fact data or not. 

Regards,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@potiu

Can I disable certain graph to have slicer effect? I am using September/October version?

Yes, but you need to deny the filtering from Slicer. Just go to "Format"->"Edit Interaction"。

24.PNG

Is it possible to have 2 slicers in a single Power bI sheet?

Yes, you can keep multiple slicers within single report page. 

Can I fit the colour in the graph? For instance, red colour will display for the bar that need special attention while I select different year in the slicer?

Yes, you can assign a color for specific Legend item. 

Can I delete column (year) in the slicer that contain no data in the for the whole year? If not, any suggestion to remove the data selection when put month in the slicer? The filter function for the slicer is not available.

No, it's not possible. Slicer will populate all values in your data field. It can't determine if an item has corresponding fact data or not. 

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.