Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lrarbin
Frequent Visitor

Inline Drillthrough??

Hello All,
Does anyone know if it's possible have a table (or matrix) in Power BI that expands a line item into drilldown of sub items. A sort of in-line drill down. I think this was possible with SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services), and might be possible in Power BI Paginated Reports, but I don't think its possible in 'normal' Power BI (Power BI Desktop).

Something like this (this is just a grid in Excel):

2021-05-13 16_05_55-Window.png

Thanks
Laurence
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @lrarbin ,

Try to disabled option "Stepped layout" in Row headers.

image.png

Then create measure:

No of Items = 
IF(
    ISFILTERED('Table'[Material]),
    SUM('Table'[Cost]),
    COUNT('Table'[Cost])
)

image.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thanks, I think this was the best solution, mainly removing the stepped layout.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@lrarbin , We have a drill down expand icon. not sure if that suite what you need.

refer if this can help https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-drill#two-ways-to-access-the-drill-featu...

@amitchandak , thanks for reply. Yes, I know that drilldown / drillthough is available. But I'm looking to make the data available 'inline' in a table or matrix. KInd of like how grouping works but with different field data within the 'group.

Laurence

Hi @lrarbin ,

Try to disabled option "Stepped layout" in Row headers.

image.png

Then create measure:

No of Items = 
IF(
    ISFILTERED('Table'[Material]),
    SUM('Table'[Cost]),
    COUNT('Table'[Cost])
)

image.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks, I think this was the best solution, mainly removing the stepped layout.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.