cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jirim
Frequent Visitor

Informix ODBC and Query Folding

I try to connect to Informix 11 db using 64bit ODBC driver v 4.50.00.18020. I get data correctly but query folding does not work after any filter applied. If I run diagnostics on the step with simple equal filter like

= Table.SelectRows(my_Table, each ([field1] = "01"))

I can find "OdbcQuery: FoldingWarning" that says "This ODBC driver doesn't support SQL_SP_COMPARISON. You can override this by using SqlGetInfo for SQL_SQL92_PREDICATES."

If I use BeginsWith filter like

= Table.SelectRows(my_Table, each Text.StartsWith([field2], "M"))

the warnings are following:

This ODBC driver doesn't support SQL_FN_STR_LOCATE_2. You can override this by using SqlGetInfo for SQL_STRING_FUNCTIONS.

This ODBC driver doesn't support SQL_FN_STR_LOCATE. You can override this by using SqlGetInfo for SQL_STRING_FUNCTIONS.

This ODBC driver doesn't support SQL_SP_LIKE. You can override this by using SqlGetInfo for SQL_SQL92_PREDICATES.

Is there any way how to fix it?

2 REPLIES 2
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jirim ,

Has your problem been solved, if so, please consider Accept a correct reply as the solution or share your own solution to help others find it.

Best Regards
Lucien

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @jirim ,

This seems strange - it might be worth seeing whether query folding is taking place, and what your OData source actually returns, by using this technique: https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2018/05/03/troubleshooting-data-refresh-performance-issues-with-odata-d...

Best Regards

Lucien

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

November Power BI Update 768x460.png

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2021 Updates!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.