Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lebreau

Informix ODBC Driver Invalid string or buffer length. �

Hy,

I want to connect POWERBI with an informix database. I use a 64 bit driver ODBC.

I have the lasted version of POWERBI (2.66.5376.2161 64-bit (février 2019))

My ODBC connexion works with ACCESS and EXCEL.

But with POWEBI, I always have this error :

"ODBC: ERROR [HY090] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver]Invalid string or buffer length"

Could you help me, please ?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
BiData4you

Hi @lebreau ,

I'm getting the same issue you had. Could you find any solution? I appreciate your help.

Regards,

BiData4you.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lebreau ,

I think this issue should more related to your datasource. Have you test with other driver versions? What version your datasource is? 32 bit or 64 bit?

In addition, you can also try to update you database/driver to last version and test again.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

My database is a 32 bit. I have tested with power bi version 32 bit and a 32 bit odbc drivers.

I have tested with multiple versions of the drivers odbc.

Is Power bi compatible with all version of Informix  ?

Hi @lebreau ,

>>I have tested with multiple versions of the drivers odbc.

Did you means this issue only appears when you try to use power bi connector? Can you confirm this connection string is available in other senior?

If this is  a case, I'd like to suggest you open a support ticket for odbc driver compatibility issues. (support ticket is free for pro and above licenses.)

submit a support ticketsubmit a support ticket

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft ,

The issue appears when I try to connect power bi with an informix database.

For this, I have used only odbc drivers. But I have tested with differents versions of this ODBC. All work in EXCEL or ACCESS.

I used a 64 bit odbc driver with a power bi 64 bit and a 32 bit odbc driver with a power bi 32 bit.

6 months ago, with a power bi 32 bits and an odbc 32 bits driver, I see the list of tables.

Could you confirm me that I need to open a support ticket ?

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.