Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kalachuchi
Helper III
Helper III

Information Icon on hover

Hello guys, I have added an information icon and I want to add custom window or pop up that when hover the window will appear.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Kalachuchi 

On Hover actions aren't possible.

You can create a bookmark and assign it to the On Action property of the Info Button. Similarly, create another bookmark to hide the visible window (Could be a shape)

If my answer was helpful, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it

Click on the Thumbs-Up icon if you like this reply 🙂

YouTube  LinkedIn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Kalachuchi 

On Hover actions aren't possible.

You can create a bookmark and assign it to the On Action property of the Info Button. Similarly, create another bookmark to hide the visible window (Could be a shape)

If my answer was helpful, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it

Click on the Thumbs-Up icon if you like this reply 🙂

YouTube  LinkedIn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

It could be done using insert icon, insert the icon and on format button, click button text 

click the first dropdown and select on hover.  add text in button text. format it as needed

minimize the button text, and click on icon text and can do formating of icons too, like show blank on hover, this way on clicking you will only see the text

hope that helps

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Kalachuchi , where and how you have added this icon. A custom hover window is only allowed on visuals as tooltip.

refer : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-tooltips

@amitchandak I have added it via insert button and then choose information. are there any workaround with this? As I want my custom window to appear on hovering the information button.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.