Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

em12963
Helper I
Helper I

Infographic designer - fill percentage - sorting multiple values & remove decimals?

Hi 

Could you please help me with these 2 questions:

Question1

I've created some infographics in Power Bi Desktop. I am trying to sort the ProgrammeCode field which has 5 values that I have filtered in the visual level filter. It naturally sorts it alphabetically and numerically ascending wise. 

However, what I would like to do is sort the ProgrammeCode is a customised way; in this case from left AK3693, continued on with AK3619, AK3704, AK3697 and the far most right would be AK3303. . Is that possible?

Question2

How do I remove the 2 decimal places on the text to become zero decimals? The calculated measure is called 'Int funding proportion prog intake EFTS'. 

Pic1.PNGPic2.PNGPic3.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @em12963 ,

Question1:

It seems that you want to achieve the custom order for the ProgrammeCode, you could try the feature sort by column. Please refer to this similar thread

Question2:

From your image, it seems that you use DIVIDE function to calculate the measure 'Int funding proportion prog intake EFTS' so it should return a decimal number. So why your measure is a text type?

If it is convenient, could you share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the scenario, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @em12963 ,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please feel free to ask.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-piga-msft 

Thank you for your  explanation.

For Question 2, I will send you the pbix masked file on one drive to look. 

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @em12963 ,

Question1:

It seems that you want to achieve the custom order for the ProgrammeCode, you could try the feature sort by column. Please refer to this similar thread

Question2:

From your image, it seems that you use DIVIDE function to calculate the measure 'Int funding proportion prog intake EFTS' so it should return a decimal number. So why your measure is a text type?

If it is convenient, could you share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the scenario, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Also, thank you for your suggestion in regards to Question 1. I will try to remake a similar table and see whether it works. Cheers

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.