Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

acbg
Resolver III
Resolver III

Infographic Designer - multiple measures

Is there a way to link each shape in infographic designer to a measure?

I am able to drag in the measure I like into the measure bucket but unable to tie the shape to the measure directly.

The only way to link it is by fill percentage but I want to represent the sum that is defined in the measure within the shapes.

For example: I have two measures: Sales and Revenue (summed). I  have two shapes: Circle and square. I want the circle to the be sum of the sales and square to be the sum of the revenue.

Any help would be appreciated 🙂

9 REPLIES 9
MetricsViewer_1

Team.

Did you have any update?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @dj866 , I'm having the same problem, and try with your steps, but still cannot make it run correctly. 

My case: I have 5 different measures, and want to plot them in one cumulated column (adding all them) seeing the different colours of each measure and with a specified shape (this is why I need the inforgraphic designer). 

I have created the table with row numbers and measures name, but I don't know how to create the measure depending on the row number. 

Could you help me with this issue? 

Thanks in advance. 

peterglobal
Frequent Visitor

If you want the graph to shown a bar, line or other graphic for each measure you need to go to the standard visualization formatting pane -> Chart -> activate Legend by Measures. 

Dealing with the same problem and really hoping someone from Microsoft can post a solution.

If you use the Legend by Measure option, this allows you to have multuple columns (or rows) with one measure per row, but they must all be the same icon. Kind of defeats the purpose of having an infographic tool in the first place.

My workaround was to create a summary table where, in one column, every row was the category name, and in another column, every row was the value that category should have. However, this solution is not dynamic, as the calculated table is preprocessed: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/how-to-create-table-Summarizecolumns-keep-filter-context/m-...

Adding statements that would force the DAX expression to recalculate continuously (ex. 'NOW') doesn't solve the problem.

So after spending a day on this, I'm back to square one.

Don't know if @acbg , @khicks , or others are still looking for an answer, but after some experimentation, I found a solution.

If someone is having this problem, reply and I'll post something more detailed with examples, but the simple-ish summary is:

1. Create a new table where the number of rows is equal or greater to the number of measures you want to put in your infographic, and the first value is the row number.
  2. Create a new column in this table with the names of your measures by row (ex. if row = 1, name = measure 1, etc.)
  3. Create a measure whose value changes based on the sum of the row column (ex. if row = 1, expression for measure 1, etc.). In my case, I used a SUMX expression to ensure the value will always be calculated for each filtered row in the dataset.
  4. In the infographic, put the column with your measure names in the "category" field and your measure from step 3 in the "measure" field.
  5. Manipulate the infographic editor as you would normally.

khicks
Regular Visitor

Did you ever identify a resolution for this?

-=KwH=-

Nope 😞

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@acbg,

How do you create the visual? Does the data binding feature returns your expected result?
2.JPG1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft

I did try that but its not really differentiating the size between the shapes. And it looks like it forces to be add the split point.

I am using the very basic bar graph, would expect the measures to be different but it comes across as the same bars.

Data is different between job size and count of effort but its plotting just the Job Size since that is first one I added under the measures.

Pic2.PNG                   Pic1.PNG  
  Pic3.PNG        

Pic5.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.