Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kinkate18nic
Frequent Visitor

Individual charts for associated sub categories.

help with powerbi visualization. here is the scenario, I have L1 category and L2 sub categories, the structure is such that each L1 will have multiple L2 associated to it, Example: L1=Sale, corresponding L2 will have BLEspeaker, Wheadset, TWS etc along with their daily sales numbres. What I want is I will have a drop down list of L1, when i select a L1 from the list, I want to display all associated L2 sub categories in individual charts of their own, taking the same example, if Sale is selected in drop down, i need to show the total tickets for BLEspeaker, Wheadsetetc TWS etc in individual bar charts day wise.

I use a live connection, so creating additional columns is restricted and am looking for solutions without using small multiples.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

am looking for solutions without using small multiples.

can you please elaborate?  small multiples help you to speed up your rendering queries substantially.

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely.
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-Forum/ba-...
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

The requrement is to have the charts with multiple color scheme. E.g BLEspeaker chart should have green color Wheadset-blue etc. I believe this is not possible in small multples.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.