Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Individual average divided by Team Average

I'm really new to Power BI and really need some help here.

I'm just wondering if it is possible to create a calculation that gets the "Average Completed Request per day" for each employee divided by the total average as shown on the image below. For example on row 1 which Gied with 5.78 average should be divided to 3.57 (average of the whole lined in red), resulting to 162%.

two.png

If possible, below result is what I want to achieve. Really much easier computation in Excel.

three.png

Thank you so much in advance. 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The formula you're looking for is technically "average of completed requests per day per team member", so you can take your existing formula as-is, and divide by a distinct count of team member names. That will count up the number of distinct names in each context, so for each row, you should get the same number (dividing by one), and you'll see the accurate number in the bottom.

@SonnyChilds

But the problem here is that the "Average Completed Request per day" is a measure and not a column. Also, I made a measure like you said

Productivity = [Average Completed Request per day] / DISTINCTCOUNT(TblNewSLATEST[EmployeeName] and it only takes the 24.74 average as the numerator divided by the DISTINCTCOUNT of the employees resulting to 2.24. 

What I need is the average of the average inside the red rectangle on the first image above which must be 3.57.

I could actually get the result 3.57 something like this:

Productivity = SUM([Average Completed Request per day]) / DISTINCTCOUNT(TblNewSLATEST[EmployeeName])

But it won't work since "Average Completed Request per day" is a measure and not a column.

Thanks!

I am trying to create a measure that will give me an index average on each row.

Beside the "NewAverage" I need a measure named as "Productivity" that will divide each row to the column total value. By using the "NewAverage", the first row would essentially have an index average of 1.62 (5.78/3.57) the second row would have an index average of 1.42 (5.09/3.57).

five.PNG

Below are some reference:

Request Completed = COUNTROWS(TblNewSLATEST)

Number of days = DISTINCTCOUNT(TblNewSLATEST[Month&Day])

Average Completed Request per day = DIVIDE([Request Completed], [Number of days])

NewAverage = AVERAGEX(SUMMARIZE(TblNewSLATEST, TblNewSLATEST[EmployeeName], "toAverage", [Request Completed]), [Average Completed Request per day])

@Anonymous

But the problem here is that the "Average Completed Request per day" is a measure and not a column. Also, I made a measure like you said

Productivity = [Average Completed Request per day] / DISTINCTCOUNT(TblNewSLATEST[EmployeeName] and it only takes the 24.74 average as the numerator divided by the DISTINCTCOUNT of the employees resulting to 2.24. 

What I need is the average of the average inside the red rectangle on the first image above which must be 3.57.

I could actually get the result 3.57 something like this:

Productivity = SUM([Average Completed Request per day]) / DISTINCTCOUNT(TblNewSLATEST[EmployeeName])

But it won't work since "Average Completed Request per day" is a measure and not a column.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.