Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

michael_knight
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Individual Targets

Hi,

I'm having some problems (Or maybe a query). In our business the sales team get given targets that they need to hit each month. Originally we had manual excel report but are moving towards Power BI reports instead. We get the data from Dynamics 365 and use that instead of inputting it in manually.

I'm wondering how I should go about putting in targets? I will have to go back and put in the targets from the previous months as well.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I should go about doing this?

This is what the targets looks like in Excel

e567yt.png

And this is what it'll look like in Power BI. I want to have the targets for the current and previous months as a total but also change to individual when using the drop down slicer

efde.png

Thanks,

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
michael_knight
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi,

Still trying to figure out this issue. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Mike

RobbeVL
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi, You'll have to model your data differently.

You could do this in PowerQuery.

PowerBI does calculation in a ROW context. So for you to be able to slice your data, you'll have to get that target in a different rows instead of columns.

It should look a bit like this: (use Unpivot function in PowerQuery)

DateTargetTeam
01/01/19201
01/01/19202
02/01/19 251
02/01/19 252

Having this table, you'll be able to use "Target" as your value, Date as your axis and Team as a slicer for example

Hope this helps! 

Robbe

HI @RobbeVL ,

Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry, I'm quite new to Power BI/Pivot tables so I'm not entirly sure how to go about doing what you suggested 

Regards,

Mike

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.