Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Daniel_B
Helper II
Helper II

Individual Filter - 2 tables using same column

Hi

I have 2 tables which show text data responses and are filtered by a column which has the feedback sentiment

I've applied the "SENTIMENT" as a filter to both of tables, however, when I select any data from one of the tables, the opposing one is also filtered out

Example, tablet 1 contains all Positive responses and tablet 2 contains Negative - if I select a POSITIVE response, all of table 2 is blank because it does not meet table 1's criteria

The filters are set to the "Apply to these visuals" but they still seem to impact one another

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Dan_B

2 REPLIES 2
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Daniel_B ,

If you wouldn't like the Table1[SENTIMENT] to affect the Tabls2[SENTIMENT], you may delete the relationship between the two tables on sentiment field .

Best Regards,

Amy

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-xicai - thanks for the feedback but I'm not sure what you mean and perhaps my wording was misleading

The tables themselves are the visualisation version of the table not actual tables of data which can be linked via relationships

When I click on a single entry within the Table Visualisation they impact one another and I cannot see what is linking them other than they use the same data

Is there a way to make filters apply to single table visualisations within the report?

Thanks

Dan_B

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.