Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dk_24
Helper I
Helper I

Index for text table

Hi All,

i have to give the serail number to the text table like 1,2,3.for that i have created one index column.i have total 30 rows in source,so it's given 1 to 30 numbers.but when i summarige(Average the 30 records user wise) it giveing 27,28,30 instead of 1,2,3.

how t get the index for the below text table.

Text table index.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@dk_24 wrote:

Please fnd the below picture , 

Text table index.png

please let me know if your not clear with this.

Thanks,

@dk_24

So what you need is the index column? I'm not clear about what did you do while getting 27,28,29 as described, however you can create a calculated column with DAX.

index = RANKX(yourTable,yourTable[UserName],,ASC,Dense)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@dk_24 wrote:

Hi All,

i have to give the serail number to the text table like 1,2,3.for that i have created one index column.i have total 30 rows in source,so it's given 1 to 30 numbers.but when i summarige(Average the 30 records user wise) it giveing 27,28,30 instead of 1,2,3.

how t get the index for the below text table.

Text table index.png

@dk_24

Your description is not clear for me, would you mind sharing the pbix file? You can upload it to Onedrive/GoogleDrive and share the download link. Do remember to mask sensitive data before uploading.

Text table index.png

Thanks,

@dk_24 wrote:

Text table index.png

Thanks,

@dk_24

So what you need is the index column? I'm not clear about what did you do while getting 27,28,29 as described, however you can create a calculated column with DAX.

index = RANKX(yourTable,yourTable[UserName],,ASC,Dense)

sorry i have cretead meaasure.now its working as expected. thanks.

Thanks for your response. no luck , getting the below error. "A single value for column 'User Name' in table 'Table1' cannot be determined. This can happen when a measure formula refers to a column that contains many values without specifying an aggregation such as min, max, count, or sum to get a single result."

@dk_24 wrote:
Thanks for your response. no luck , getting the below error. "A single value for column 'User Name' in table 'Table1' cannot be determined. This can happen when a measure formula refers to a column that contains many values without specifying an aggregation such as min, max, count, or sum to get a single result."

@dk_24

I mean creating a calculated column, not a measure.

Capture.PNG

If a measure is required, you could try

index = RANKX(ALLSELECTED(yourTable),CALCULATE(MAX(yourTable[username])),,ASC,Dense)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.