Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Index Page for different dashboard

Hi,

I have few dashboard created for business purpose. Just curious to know, is it possible to club all the dashboard into a single dashboard and create a index page (sort of) for all them together?

Regards,

Prem Kumar R

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You pinned the full report page correct?

The custom url is only when you have a single.visuals and not the entire.report.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MFelix
Super User
Super User

HI @Anonymous,

In Power BI online you have two main "enviroments" the Dashboards that are made with different visuals that help you give a quick look up of the KPI's you decide.

And reports where you can have full details.

The Dahsboards are compose by the visuals you set up in the reports so you can have a dashboard with different visuals from several reports even if they are not related with each other, they only need to be in the same workspace.

So you can set up a dashboard that will lead you to different reports not to other dashboards however I have a "trick" to do this.

Suppose you have 2 dahsboards with different set of visuals if you do a third one with two main visual (one from each of the previous dashboards)  so you will have something like this:

Dashboard 1 - Several visuals

Dashboard 2 - Several visuals (differente from the first one)

Summary Dashboard - Only two visuals that are refering to the other one - this can be visuals or image or what you want.

Then on the summary dashboard you only need to select on of the visuals and select the 3 dots and on the tiles details select SET CUSTOM LINK (choose if you want it to open on a new tile or not.

When people enter the summary dashboard and click on one of the tiles they will be sent to the dashboard you define an not to the report.

Summary_Dashboard.png

Regards

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi MFelix,

Thanks for your response.

I tried to follow steps explained by you, but was not able to completely reproduce. I am not able to get the custom link option. 

If you don't mind, can you please provide some screenshots explaining the steps being followed by you?

Regards,

PKR

Hi @Anonymous,

See a detailed print screen.

Summary_Dashboard_1.png

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi MFelix,

Thanks for sharing the screenshots. 

I was able to find the "Tiles Opiton" as highlighted in your screenshots, but custom link option is disabled. Any idea how to make it enable?

_2017-03-30_20-50-21.png

Regards,

Prem Kumar R

You pinned the full report page correct?

The custom url is only when you have a single.visuals and not the entire.report.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Anonymous
Not applicable

MFelix,

You are right, initially I was clicking on 3 dots of entire report. 

I understand your point now. It looks like we have to add new tile by clicking on "+ Add Tile" tab (after a summary dashboard has been created) and then it is possible to set a url to navigate to the different dashboards. Thanks for your help on this!

Looks like I will have to create individual tiles for each dashboards.

Regards,

Prem Kumar R

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.