Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Incrementally add fixed value to measure based on other measure

Hello,

I have a measure which calculates appointments per hour per employee.

Now I need another measure which calculates a value based on appointments per hour.

For example: If appointments per hour >= 1.5 the value should be 50, if appointments per hour >=1.75 the value should be 100, if appointments per hour >= 2 the value should be 150 and so on.

How can I incrementally add 50 every 0.25 appointements per hour based on my appointmens per hour measure?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous add folllowing measure for Value measure

Value Measure = 
VAR __baseHours = 1.5
VAR __baseValue = 50
VAR __denominator = 0.25
VAR __newHours = [Your Appointment Per Hour Measure]
RETURN
(
    FLOOR (
        DIVIDE ( ( __newHours - __baseHours ), __denominator, 0 ),
    ) * 50 
) + 50

May be you can tweak it further as per your need. 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tad17
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hey @Anonymous 

This is neat question. You can do it multiple ways.

The first and most obivous is to create a complicated DAX measure with multiple embedded IF statements.

However, the cooler and overall easier solution is to create a new table with your appointments per hour and your values and then use a LOOKUPVALUE DAX measure: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/lookupvalue-function-dax

Your table would look like:

App/Hour    Value

1.50             50

1.75             100

2.00             200

Let me know what you think and what would work better for you.

If this helps please kudo.

If this solves your problem please accept it as a possible solution.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous add folllowing measure for Value measure

Value Measure = 
VAR __baseHours = 1.5
VAR __baseValue = 50
VAR __denominator = 0.25
VAR __newHours = [Your Appointment Per Hour Measure]
RETURN
(
    FLOOR (
        DIVIDE ( ( __newHours - __baseHours ), __denominator, 0 ),
    ) * 50 
) + 50

May be you can tweak it further as per your need. 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.