Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vmakhija
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Incremental refresh with SAP HANA view

Hello

I just want to know if someone has implemented incremental refresh with SAP HANA View?

I am looking forward to do it in near future.. so want to inquire if there are any considerations to be done for it or any issues/limitations faced?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@vmakhija,

There is no special thing with SAP HANA when performing incremental refresh.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Hisham
Frequent Visitor

Not able to enable the incrementatl refresh after setting up da the RangeStart and RangEnd parameters.

seems not supported with the SAP date format.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@vmakhija,

It requires Power BI premium license to perform incremental refresh in Power BI. You can take a look at the following article about how to configure incremental refresh, if you get any issues, you can post the issues in Power BI forums.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-premium-incremental-refresh

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft

Thanks for your reply.

I do have Premium...

In particular, I was looking to know how incremental refresh works with SAP HANA, if in case its different from usual incremental refresh in Power BI.

Regards

@vmakhija,

There is no special thing with SAP HANA when performing incremental refresh.

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

I disagree on this topic conclusion. From my experience, you can't use incremental refresh with SAP Hana connector, the queries are not foldables. 

However, you can connect with ODBC connector to Hana database and do it. But there is a lot of restriction coming from security, or SAP directly when you are doing this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.