Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Incremental refresh on appended table

I’ve got three tables that are appended into a fourth table, in Power Query. The three tables each come from different data-sources and are not loaded into the data model, while the appended table is loaded into the data model. It seems as though I can only set up incremental refresh policies on loaded tables.

How do I set up incremental refresh on the appended table, if my three source tables are not loaded?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I learned that the incramental refresh paramaters must be feltering the child AND the parent table, and this will get my desiered behavior.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I learned that the incramental refresh paramaters must be feltering the child AND the parent table, and this will get my desiered behavior.

Hi,

Can you give more details about this?  I'm trying the exact same thing, but am unable to get incremental refresh working.  Both parent and child tables are foldable and have the parameter filter applied. 

If I remove the append step, the parent table can do an incremental, but if I add the append step (after which the query is still foldable), the incremental will not work.

Thank you.

Did you get anywhere with this ?

I have 4 child queries - All foldable (I hide these in the Report Surface)

I "Append Queries as New Query" and the new query is not foldable (Well I cant view Native Query)

I can of course setup the Incremental Settings for the Parent queries as it allows me.

Would you expect it to work ?

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

Just try to apply the custom filter on the appended table.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors