Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

hegdecisco86
Helper I
Helper I

Incremental Refresh using Integer column

Hi All,

I have dataset where it has id column and I want to set-up incremental data load using Power BI with Id column. CUrrently it is not supported and it supports only date column. Is there any alternative to this problem? The data set which I am using is a huge data with more than 35M and it will be difficult to load all the data everytime. Please let me know if anyone have solution for this.

Thanks,

Rajesh S Hegde

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4
pranit828
Community Champion
Community Champion

HI @hegdecisco86 

Incremental refresh works on the date column same as the datecolumn in your database.

Internally it fires the same query to refresh your dataset but uses an extra condition on where clause for date column on that table.

Hope you understand how it works then you will understand why it is not possible as per your requirement.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png

Hope it resolves your issue? 
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!
Linkedin Profile
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@hegdecisco86 why not add a date column using this ID, like take a base date (like 2000-01-01 is a base date) and add this ID to that base date and use this new column for the incremental refresh.

You are going to use this column for incremental, otherwise, it has no value in the model. I think this will do it.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

The solution provided by @amitchandak is working as expected. Thank you for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.