Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

conniedevina
Helper I
Helper I

Incremental Refresh date refresh

Hi All,

I implemented Incremental Refresh for my report but I have a question regarding this incremental refresh.

So let's say I implement the incremental refresh for Table A with below conditions.

conniedevina_1-1637729172590.png

I publish this report to Power BI Service and do the initial refresh.

And I have these data based on Modified date (for now the date modified and date created is the same)

conniedevina_2-1637729241367.png

Today's date is 24th November 2021, but the one that refreshed on my Power BI Service is only 21st November 2021.

The data from 22nd November 2021 is not inside, is there something wrong with the setting of my incremental refresh?

As my understanding the 7 days in my setting it will check last 7 days based on today's date. Please let me know if my understanding is wrong.

Any answer will be very appreciated! Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@conniedevina , I think, 7 Days of data from the date of refresh will be refreshed.

Please check do you data in core system for 22nd Nov based on created date

https://radacad.com/all-you-need-to-know-about-the-incremental-refresh-in-power-bi-load-changes-only

Hi @amitchandak ,

Thanks for your reply! so I'm using sharepoint folder here and yes the date created is 22nd November 2021.

I'm not sure why it's not included in my incremental refresh per today's date.

Is RangeStart and RangeEnd will change automatically based on the today's date?

@conniedevina , RangeStart, and RangeEnd what we create in power Query are for the initial Range?

for incremental, this 7 days should work. can share settings for those two parameters

Hi @amitchandak ,

so here is the parameter that I've created

conniedevina_0-1637740702613.png

And here is the power query on my table that initiate the parameter

= Table.SelectRows(#"Renamed Columns1", each [Date created] > RangeStart and [Date created] <= RangeEnd)

Is it possible because the timezone problem? But I checked on some post they said the timezone based on scheduled refresh time that I've set, which is for me I am using Singapore time which same as the Date created

conniedevina_1-1637740812405.png

I'm just refreshed again today (25th Nov 2021) 

And my 22nd data also not inside.. is it because I put the RangeEnd parameter to 22nd Nov 2021 12:00:00 AM? while I upload the data is more than 12:00:00 AM..

And I tried to upload the data at 24th Nov 2021 also it seems ignored by the refresh.. the refresh only until 21st Nov 2021.

Hi @conniedevina ,

Your understanding of storage and refresh date settings is correct.

And according to this document, the RangeStart and RangeEnd parameters only implement on first refresh.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/incremental-refresh-overview#:~:text=When%20i... 

When initially configuring incremental refresh in Power BI Desktop, the parameters are used to filter only a small period of data to be loaded into the model. When published to the service, with the first refresh operation, the service creates incremental refresh and historical partitions based on incremental refresh policy settings, and then overrides the parameter values to filter and query data for each partition based on date/time values for each row.

The options that affect the refresh process are detect-data-changes and only-refresh-complete-days . Please check if your situation is related to these two options.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.