Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

YOV
Helper II
Helper II

Incremental Refresh Store Rows

Hi,

I'm trying to understand incremental refresh.

I've set up parameters and everything seems to work great, except I don't understand what "Store rows" does.

Parameters are set to take order beginning 01/01/2016, up until March 4th 2020:

parameters.PNG

So far when publishing the report to premium service, I indeed get only orders from those dates.

All cool.

Now I've set up incremental refresh with the following data:

inc.PNG

notice it's set to store rows where order is only in the last two years.

After publishing and refreshing the dataset, the workspace report still shows me data from 2016:

2016.PNG

So my question is this:
What is the point of store rows?

I mean, as far as I understand I just definded the dataset to store data only relating to orders from last two years, but it still shows data based on the 2016 parameter.

I've watched @GuyInACube videos about incremental refresh, but don't understand this single issue.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @YOV ,

You understand correctly. For your sample, using the feature of "Store rows" means store the data from 2 calendar years plus the current year. 

Do you check the refresh history? Do the dataset refresh successfully?

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yes, it appears to refresh correctly.

Plus when I change the "Store Rows" to say 5 years, it takes considerably longer to refresh than 2 years. But still - it only displays 2016 and on. Tried even setting it to store only 1 week - refreshing dataset took about 2 seconds, but still it displayed 2016 and on.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.