Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

aoliver
Helper III
Helper III

Incremental Refresh PowerBI Pro

Hello everyone,

I am trying to do a semi-incremental refresh on my powerBI Pro License. To do that, I created two dataflow with a query: one for bulk data and the other one for refreshing data. 

My problem begins here, in the preview , the query is performed correctly (it uses a specific gateway and brings me the correct data). I saved the query correctly, but when I try to update it manually, it brings a connection error. When I enter in the query's settings, there is not a gateway selected.

It seems that the gateway configuration does not save in the settings (But remember it is saved in the preview).

Any ideas to solve this? Or the reason for this behaviour?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @aoliver ,

As I know, the Incremental Refresh is a Premium only feature, the publish dialog only allows selection of a workspace on Premium capacity. Please check if your content is in Premium capacity.

In additiom, what connection error do you get? Could you share the screenshot of this error?

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, thanks for your answer,

I know that incremental refresh is a premium feature, that's why I am trying to do "semi-incremental".

If helps, I am following this tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7SyqTpLIJc

I can't post the screenshot, as I said above, the error is that the gateway configuration is not saved and it appear as Null (When in the query preview is set right)

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.