Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ovetteabejuela
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Incremental Refresh | OneDrive | CSV

Can I apply Incremental Refresh for my CSV files that are located in OneDrive?

This is the reason why I asked, the scheduled refresh are failing because of this error:

IncrementalRefresh.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

We are on premium, however the question was if CSV as a souce was supported because I was getting an error on the scheduled refresh which lead me to question.

I did find out however that CSV was not supported although i was confused on another article that mentioned "Folder.Files" was supported. Hmmm. But in the end as long as the Native Query was not available, it should be enough to tell that it wasnt supported.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MarcW
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I had problems for weeks to set up the incremental refresh for my CSV-Files (which I combine) which are located in a sharepoint folder. Microsoft could help me out. In the end the solution was very simple. Everywhere in your code where it sais "Csv.Document" (for example Source = Csv.Document(Parameter1,[Delimiter=";", Columns=236, Encoding=65001, QuoteStyle=QuoteStyle.None]),) you have to add a "Binary.Buffer". 

New code would look like this:

Source= Csv.Document(Binary.Buffer(Parameter1),[Delimiter=";", Columns=236, Encoding=65001, QuoteStyle=QuoteStyle.None]),

Since I did this the incremental refresh works for my CSV-Files located in Sharepoint.

Perhaps it helps you out, too.

Best regards

Marc

ovetteabejuela
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Okay, I just read, "it does not work on flat files" =(. I think I'm back to the old work-around DAX UNION!

Hi @ovetteabejuela,

I'm afraid that you're right. As document has listed , the Incremental refresh is supported only for workspaces on Premium capacity. Refresh policies are defined in Power BI Desktop; they are applied by refresh operations in the service.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

We are on premium, however the question was if CSV as a souce was supported because I was getting an error on the scheduled refresh which lead me to question.

I did find out however that CSV was not supported although i was confused on another article that mentioned "Folder.Files" was supported. Hmmm. But in the end as long as the Native Query was not available, it should be enough to tell that it wasnt supported.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.