Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AdamBoltryk
Resolver I
Resolver I

Incremental Refresh Data from FILES

Hi All,

I have data in excel files back to 2016. Every week I got reports from different sites. So far I have 284 files in my folder. I am loading data into PBI using Query and Get Data -> Folder. In PBI I've been created one big data table from all files. At this moment 'Refresh' take 20-30 minutes.

Is any way to refresh data only from new/replaced FILES? By eg. check date of file. I cant use name of files as they are useless and tell nothing (generated by system) 🙂 like 1525759202512_622296147.xls 

All Incremental Refresh Data solution I found referee to SINGLE data table from ONE file. Scenario is same and not suit to me:

- open file,

- open table,

- check date,

- load data from only last 7 days.

I am working on Premium PBI Desktop ver.2.56.5023 64-bit with some limited functionality set by IT departament.  Please do not advise to update to newest version as I can't - I don't have admin rights and update is set by IT Departament 2-3 times per year.

Thx in Advance.

Adam

3 REPLIES 3
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AdamBoltryk

Currently there is no incremental refresh option for folder as you have indicated.

I recommend you to vote for the idea to improve power bi.

Refresh only New Data or Modified File in Folder

Anyway, to solve taking too long time to refresh, 

How about the result if you disable the "Enable parallel loading of tables" option and click specific table in Power BI Desktop to refresh?

1.png

Best Regards

Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks, any news considering power BI data flows?

Morning Maggie,

Thank you for reply.

I am not sure will it help because all DIM tables are small and IMVHO they are not a problem. I will turn it on and we'll see. My report is feeded by data taken from excel reports automatically generated by main system (KRONOS) and sended on email . I heard we have some project to live connect to data source, but it will not happen in close future. Maybe in a year. Or two. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.