Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RahulYadav
Resolver II
Resolver II

Incremental Loads for Merged Tables using ODBC Data Source

Hi,

We need a clarification about Incremental Loads on Merged Tables.

Scenario:

• There are two tables one is Dimension & One is Fact
  • We created a new table by merging these tables using Left Ourter Join in Power Query on Fact->Demension.
  • Then we disabled the load of Original Table and kept only merged table active.
  • Now we want to setup Incremental loads on the Merged table. Both Tables have LastUpdatedDate.

If we setup incremental loads after passing RangeStart & RangeEnd parameters to LastUpdatedDate on Dimension table, will it take into account both the tables for just Dimension table.

Please let me know if any one has a solution to overcome this situation.

Thanks,

Rahul

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi RahulYadav,

Based on your description, do you mean to keep new merged table up-to-date while loading only dimension table using query parameter, right? If it is, I'm afraid you should also load other columns beside your fact table in the new merged table otherwsie the new merged table will not be up-to-date.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao 

Thanks for the reply @v-yuta-msft

No, I want to refresh both the tables in the merged table. But, how to setup the incremental loads with two date fields?

Thanks,

Rahul

Hi RahulYadav,

Currently, incremental load is a premium feature. For details, please refer to:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-may-2018-feature-summary/#incrementalRefre...

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi @v-yuta-msft,

We are already in Power BI Premium Capacity. But we are not sure how to setup up the incremental loads for Merged tables.

Thanks,

Rahul

Anyone has idea about this?

Thanks,

Rahul

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.