Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Increase the time out on a SOAP query

Hey, guys,

I have a problem regarding the refresh of tables, which are obtained by a SOAP query. I have the tables, but most of the times they are not updated and returns an error message "The operation has timed out". I tried to write [Timeout=#duration(0, 0, 5, 0)] in the WebContent, but I got another error "3 arguments were passed to function which expects between 1 and 2". How do I increase the time out? Below you can see the query, which is not working.

Source = Xml.Tables(
    Web.Contents(senior_soap_xml_source_link,
        [Content=Text.ToBinary(
          "<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv=""http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"" xmlns:ser=" & senior_link & "><soapenv:Header/>

<soapenv:Body>
              <ser:table_1>
                <user>" & senior_user & "</user>
                <password>" & senior_password  & "</password>
                <encryption></encryption>
                <parameters><!--Optional:--><flowInstanceID>?</flowInstanceID><!--Optional:--><flowName>?</flowName></parameters>
              </ser:table_1>
            </soapenv:Body>

</soapenv:Envelope>"),
          Headers=[#"Accept-Encoding"="gzip,deflate", #"Content-Type"="text/xml;charset=UTF-8"]], [Timeout=#duration(0, 0, 15, 0)])
    )

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

I'd recommed you to use XML Driver to create SQL Queries to call SOAP API in Power BI, please refer to this blog: https://zappysys.com/blog/call-soap-api-power-bi-read-xml-web-service-data/

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-juanli-msft , thank you for the reply!

Why use an XML Driver? It's possible to write the SOAP Query directly in Power BI, as I did. The request was working perfectly since February. In this month I have been facing this time out problems, I really change nothing.

Regards,

Guilherme.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.