Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JonGunnar
Frequent Visitor

Increase per query memory limit

Hi, 

My data set is 2 million invoice rows. Four periods (current month and next three) and five price areas.
I made it possible for user to changes prices for all periods and price area with parameters to see the impact of the changes in invoice lines. This means 20 parameters and measures.

This works in Power BI Desktop. But in powerbi.com there is problems. I can view only one month at the time otherwise error message is given, see picture.

What can be done to fix this? How can one "increase per query memory limit"? Where is this limit set?

Regards JG

Pic.PNGPic1.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JonGunnar ,

The following are the ones with similar problems to yours, you can refer to the methods inside to try to solve your problem. I hope they can be helpful to you.

The “Visual Has Exceeded The Available Resources” Error In Power BI

yingyinr_0-1633512887012.png

Visual has exceeded available resources

The error occurs when a visual attempts to query too much data for the server to complete the result with the available resources.  You may need to filter the visual to reduce the amount of data in the result currently. That way, the error might be resolved.

You can also optimize your data model following the guide in the blogs below, and re-publish your PBIX file to Power BI Service.

Power BI Performance Tips and Techniques

Data Import Best Practices in Power BI

If you still have this issue, you may purchase Power BI Premium capacity for your organization, see What is Power BI Premium? , How to purchase Power BI Premium.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
_Bruce123
Regular Visitor

How does one increase per query memory limit when the client is working on a Premium Per User Capacity?

Under Admin Portal --> Capacity Settings in the service, there are no options due the capacity being per user and not organizational. However this is where the query per memory limit live.

_Bruce123_0-1663820766220.png

So how does one increase per query memory limit with an organizational Premium Capacity.

Hello!

Did you manage to fix your problem? My client is also using `Premium Per User Capacity`, so im also looking for a possibility to increase it.

Thank you!

Hello,

Same here. Any solution for PPU users?

Thank you.

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JonGunnar ,

The following are the ones with similar problems to yours, you can refer to the methods inside to try to solve your problem. I hope they can be helpful to you.

The “Visual Has Exceeded The Available Resources” Error In Power BI

yingyinr_0-1633512887012.png

Visual has exceeded available resources

The error occurs when a visual attempts to query too much data for the server to complete the result with the available resources.  You may need to filter the visual to reduce the amount of data in the result currently. That way, the error might be resolved.

You can also optimize your data model following the guide in the blogs below, and re-publish your PBIX file to Power BI Service.

Power BI Performance Tips and Techniques

Data Import Best Practices in Power BI

If you still have this issue, you may purchase Power BI Premium capacity for your organization, see What is Power BI Premium? , How to purchase Power BI Premium.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Hi, I'm Pro. Is Premium what is needed to configure per query limit?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.