Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ramgesg

Increase Page/report size in PowerBI

Dear PowerBi Team,

During the recent 90 days of evaluating the service has been filled with surprises.

Personally I would recommend a longer report page, as the reports we have to display takes up space. Scrollable report pages like the dashboard would be very handy when dealing with too many data visualizations. Breaking up the visualizations makes navigation troublesome especially on full screen. Moreover when it comes to correlation between numbers, it does not tell the right story if the visualizations are scattered in different pages.

In Short: #Make the report page bigger & scrollable

Regards,

Ram 

10 REPLIES 10

@ramgesg No need to cross-post. The report interface is the same between the Service and the Desktop. While at times they may be slightly out of sync, something like this would be changed in both. The answer to your other post is the same found here If you had a different idea, I would suggest adding it to the ideas forum here. But the custom page sizing they added does seem to cover it.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

I have many visuals to be added on a single page rather making multiple pages. How can I have a scroll on the page to fit all my visuals? 

Using custom size, I am not able to get the scroll on the page.

-Ram Choudhary

@ramgesg and  @Ram_DCTYou can make your page scrollable by doing 2 things

1. Select page size as custom and give max height (4000 Pixels) and width (1285 Pixels)

2. On the view tab Select Page view and set it to  "Fit to Width"

This was super helpful.  Thank you.

@sgsukumaran Appreciate your response to my query however both the options are not giving me a vertical scroll bar when I publish my report on the web.

Link of my dashboard - https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiMDlhNjdhZjEtNzIzMi00MDE3LWIyNzAtODMwNDMwOGRmOTUxIiwidCI6IjgyM...

I want a vertical scroll bar like we have for any web pages, for example - check out this klipfolio dashboard - https://app.klipfolio.com/published/c9407dfd9aea96d0b34934a493d406f9/google-analytics-daily-overview

Thannks and appreciate your help!

-Ram Choudhary

@sgsukumaran I got that now!

Steps to recreate;

Step1: Go to view and click on "Actual Size" - By doing this u will get a littile scroll depth on the page of your power BI desktop screen - Now to increase the scroll depth further (follow step 2)

Step 2: Go to the page level setting - Select "custom" type - and now increase the "Height" as per your need!Snap34.PNG

Here is sample published link with scroll depth! - https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiNzE0Y2I4ZDUtN2Q2Yi00ZGMzLWE2ZTAtYWQ1OGZmYWJlMzU1IiwidCI6IjgyM...

Thanks,

Ram Choudhary

Thank you. That is exactly what I needed. 

Fantastic, it woked, thank you very much.

@ram_DC - Good it worked out. 

@Ram_DCT - Good it worked out. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.