Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

phteven79
Frequent Visitor

Incorrect table totals based on a calculated measure

I'm looking at a table that has a top 10 of marketing publications that my company spend money on to advertise and track the phone numbers that each of them advertises. 

The data next to each publication in the table represents the rate of calls converted into quotes, the number of calls on that number that were answered and then the number of quotes given through that telephone number.

The totals at the bottom of the table for the number of calls answered and the number of quotes are fine but the total showing for the conversion rate of calls answered to quotes given makes no sense to me, I don't understand what it's calculating.

The top 10 conversion rates are;

The total of this comes out at 0.09 - I'm baffled!

The call to quote conversion rate is a measure made up of the following DAX query;

Call to Quote (exc Trans) = 
CALCULATE(
	SUM ( CTIPublication[Quotes]) / CALCULATE(
						  SUM(CTIPublication[Answered]) - SUM(CTIPublication[Transferred])
						  )
		  ,FILTER ( CTIPublication,[Answered] >= 50 )
		 )

As you can see I'm filtering out data where the number of calls answered from a particular phone number (publication) is less than 50. I'm guessing this is in some way interfering with the correct totalling of the conversion rate.

Any knowledge/suggestions would be hugely appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @phteven79,

I think the cause is the context of the formula. The context of total is the whole source table if there aren't other filters. You can put this formula in a Card visual. You will find the result would be the same with it in the total. If you want to find more details, please provide a sample. The PBIX file would be great. 

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.