Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JuliaYebra
Helper III
Helper III

Incorrect map location - Argentina

It seems that Power BI is locating a province in an incorrect place.

The Filled map doesn't show the province while the Map is putting the province in the middle of the ocean.

Map.pngProvincias.png

I tried with province's name, province's name + country and with the text "Provincia de..." + province's name + country.

All of them were categorized as State or Province.

The one with the problem is Tierra del Fuego. Bing Maps has no problem to locate it in the map.

Is there anything to do in order to correct this? Or somewhere where you can report this kind of things? 

5 REPLIES 5
matiasvsk

The problem continues. When using filled map, the province of Tierra del Fuego follows it without locating. Try with the help of latitude and longitude data, without luck. Also modifying the name of the province for a more complete "Tierra del Fuego, Antarctica and South Atlantic Islands", without luck.
Finally, and to show something on the map, modify the latitude and longitude data in the area of the island but on the Chilean side. Mark the Chilean part of the island, it is approximate.
This inconvenience has been reported to Bing? Why medium?

matiasvsk

The problem continues. When using filled map, the province of Tierra del Fuego follows it without locating. Try with the help of latitude and longitude data, without luck. Also modifying the name of the province for a more complete "Tierra del Fuego, Antarctica and South Atlantic Islands", without luck.
Finally, and to show something on the map, modify the latitude and longitude data in the area of the island but on the Chilean side. Mark the Chilean part of the island, it is approximate.
This inconvenience has been reported to Bing? Why medium?

Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

hello @JuliaYebra

I add to a map the province Tierra del Fuego and give me the correct location.

Sin título.png3

EDIT: If you change to State or Province the error appears.

Lima - Peru

@Vvelarde thanks for checking our problem.

Yes! It works without the categorization, but if you don't use it the one that is incorrect is Río Negro.

I think that one way or another, there're some errors to correct, maybe someone could tell us where to report this kind of things.

Sin título.png

Hi @JuliaYebra,

I think the issue may related to duplicate place name, see detail below:

Rio Negro (Amazon)

Río Negro Province

Data category is used to fix this issue. For example: there are a city named xxxx and a province has the same name, if you choose the city type, data point will locate in xxxx city, if you choose province type, it will position to xxxx province.

In addition, you can use full name to fix this without setting the data category. (e.g. use Río Negro province to instead the Rio Negro if this address means the province name)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors