Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SamGibbs1
Frequent Visitor

Incorrect dates in power bi

Hi all,

This has simialr threads, but none asking the exact same question. I have a date in power apps (1 June 2021) that is passed to SharePoint as 1 June 2021, but when it is pulled into power BI it shows as 31 May 2021 @11pm. The app, system computer, sharepoint site are all set to UTC already so this shouldn't be changing. I can not find the point where it is taking an hour off - are there any suggestions?

Current work around is just using power query to add a couple of hours onto the date so that it shows the correct date in the visuals.

4 REPLIES 4
SamGibbs1
Frequent Visitor

Ah the issue was the system time - however as it was set to UTC +0 (as I am in London) I missed the box that automatically adjusted to BST.

As a work around I have added a couple of hours to the date time before doing further processing.

Hi

I have the same issue, How did you fix, Could you please provide details.

It was a while ago, but I think I added 2 hours to the column so that it had the correct date.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@SamGibbs1 , I think power bi desktop is not on UTC. It takes system setting for timezone and based on that doing the time conversion.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.