Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Incorrect count in visual

Hi all,

I have an Excel sheet with a column filled with -99, 1 and 0. These are the results of an survey

1 = yes

0 = no

-99 is not filled in

I want all the 1's of 3 questions (3 columns), here's and example:

shockl1ne_0-1607615877112.png

For example in this column I have 88 1's, but when I create a visual I only get 73 1's..

shockl1ne_1-1607615934609.png

I use the same column in the legend and in values. In values I used the option "total of"..

Can anyone tell me why the count differs from the actual data?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really weird, I imported the data again and now I get the correct counts.. Not sure what caused this issue.. Sorry, thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Did you apply any filter, slicer or RLS in the report? What's type of field V15_A1? Is it a numeric type? Which field or measure be applied on Pie chart?

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really weird, I imported the data again and now I get the correct counts.. Not sure what caused this issue.. Sorry, thanks for your help!

themistoklis
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

What is the dax formula tha you use?

Or  you use a field and then you specify the calculation type.. e.g. sum?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird issue.. I tried everything and at last I imported the data again and it worked.. Not sure what caused this issue.. Thanks for your help tho!

Hi @Anonymous ,

This is indeed a very strange problem, not sure if it is caused by caching or other reason... Anyway, it's glad to hear that your problem was solved. And thanks for sharing the solution here. Could you please mark your post as Answered? It will help others in the community find the solution easily if they face the same problem with you. Thank you.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.