Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Durga1
Employee
Employee

Incorrect Row Totals for Measure in Matrix table

We getting incorrect row totals in a table where he have created which uses a measure. A percentage calculation is also needed which uses this field, and so even though the overall values are correct, the total percentage of all values in the table will not be 100% and is skewing calculation
 my issue was the row total of the MeasureFTE is incorrect, where he have coloured this font in Red on the GM.Input page. I created MeasureRT to give a decimal value for each team/objective value in the matrix which are also coloured red. The values for the measure are correct, as they should be all total 1 for each team.

MeasureFTE then multiplies MeasureRT by the number of members of each team to try and give an estimation for how much work has been done on an objective based on it’s occupation of the team and how many members they have i.e. in a team of 6 people, a piece of work which took 0.5 or 50% of their time would have a value of 3 in MeasureFTE.

However, the row totals here are not calculating correctly, leading to the graph on the next page using incorrect percentages of the total.

durga.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
Durga1
Employee
Employee

Hello Team, Can anyone please provide us the solution for the above issue that would be very helpful to us. Thanks, Durga Prasad.
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Durga1 ,

It should be a context issue,refer to below links:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/Measure-Totals-The-Final-Word/m-p/547907

https://powerpivotpro.com/2012/03/subtotals-and-grand-totals-that-add-up-correctly/

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

It might be a row context issue, you might have change like

measure new = SUMX(SUMMARIZE(Table,Table[Team],"_u",[Measure]),[_u])

Or

measure new = AVERAGRE(SUMMARIZE(Table,Table[Team],"_u",[Measure]),[_u])

@amitchandakplesae share us your emailid so that we can share the PBIX with you

CheenuSing
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Durga1 ,

Please share data and the result expected from the sample data.

Cheers

CheenuSing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!

@CheenuSing plesae share us your emailid so that we can share the PBIX with you

Kotladurgaprasad96@gmail.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.