Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

eWise
Advocate I
Advocate I

Inconsistent IF statement

Hi all, I have a simple IF statement which is returning inconsistent results and I can'T figure out why. I would greatly appreciate any help in this.

This is the IF statement where I want it to return a "YES" when the value is less than 24 else "NO".

KPI Achieved = IF('Inbound'[InboundTime(Hours)] <= "24", "YES","NO")

These are the inconsistent results
InboundTime(Hours)KPI Achieved
164YES
2502NO
-1YES
22YES
-1YES
26NO
26NO
21YES
145YES
168YES
50NO
50NO
1YES
1YES
50NO
1517YES
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would assume that the first column is not formatted correctly. Can you check that it's stored as whole number/decimal number?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would assume that the first column is not formatted correctly. Can you check that it's stored as whole number/decimal number?

@Anonymous , @FrankAT I think that may be at the core of my woes. The column is a product of a datediff function. I reformmated my IF statement as  IF('Inbound'[InboundTime(Hours)] <= 24 , "YES","NO") with a space after the 24 and it seems to be working, atleast for the sample data I have for now, it's returning concistent results.

eWise
Advocate I
Advocate I

Unfortunately this did not work in my case.

FrankAT
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @eWise ,

you try an alphabetical compare of text "24", so your "inconsistent results" are in this term correct.

If you want a numerical compare you can do it like this:

15-05-_2021_00-14-50.png

With kind regards from the town where the legend of the 'Pied Piper of Hamelin' is at home
FrankAT (Proud to be a Datanaut)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors