cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eWise
Helper I
Helper I

Inconsistent IF statement

Hi all, I have a simple IF statement which is returning inconsistent results and I can'T figure out why. I would greatly appreciate any help in this.

This is the IF statement where I want it to return a "YES" when the value is less than 24 else "NO".

KPI Achieved = IF('Inbound'[InboundTime(Hours)] <= "24", "YES","NO")

These are the inconsistent results
InboundTime(Hours)KPI Achieved
164YES
2502NO
-1YES
22YES
-1YES
26NO
26NO
21YES
145YES
168YES
50NO
50NO
1YES
1YES
50NO
1517YES
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
zhivana
Resolver II
Resolver II

I would assume that the first column is not formatted correctly. Can you check that it's stored as whole number/decimal number?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
zhivana
Resolver II
Resolver II

I would assume that the first column is not formatted correctly. Can you check that it's stored as whole number/decimal number?

@zhivana , @FrankAT I think that may be at the core of my woes. The column is a product of a datediff function. I reformmated my IF statement as  IF('Inbound'[InboundTime(Hours)] <= 24 , "YES","NO") with a space after the 24 and it seems to be working, atleast for the sample data I have for now, it's returning concistent results.

eWise
Helper I
Helper I

Unfortunately this did not work in my case.

FrankAT
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @eWise ,

you try an alphabetical compare of text "24", so your "inconsistent results" are in this term correct.

If you want a numerical compare you can do it like this:

15-05-_2021_00-14-50.png

With kind regards from the town where the legend of the 'Pied Piper of Hamelin' is at home
FrankAT (Proud to be a Datanaut)

Helpful resources

Announcements
May 23 2022 epsiode 5 without aka link.jpg

The Power BI Community Show

Welcome to the Power BI Community Show! Jeroen ter Heerdt talks about the importance of Data Modeling.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through May 31st!

Power BI Dev Camp Session 22 with aka link 768x460.jpg

Check it out!

Mark your calendars and join us on Thursday, May 26 at 11a PDT for a great session with Ted Pattison!

Power BI Release May 2022 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the May 2022 updates!