Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vincentnoot
Resolver I
Resolver I

Incomplete filter options

Hi all,

In my report I have a page level filter that shows 4 of the 8 options when a date filter is set on 2020. When the date filter is removed, all 8 options show. However, when the date filter is set on 2020 and I manually fill one of the missing values into the advanced filtering box to show items when the value is >missing value<, the page correctly filters with what I would expect for the missing value. How is this possible? Screenshots below for clarity. 

vincentnoot_1-1609328383561.png

Filter pane with missing values and date filter active

vincentnoot_2-1609328411687.png

Complete list, date filter inactive

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your suggestion. However, this is not the case in my dataset.

I now solved it by removing my date filter, selecting the required filters, and then adding the date filter back in. This actually works and my data is now correctly filtered. 

When I remove the filters though, they disappear again from the filter pane and I need to repeat above method to add them back in.

I don't know how I can show my file without exposing my client's private data.

Kind regards,

Vincent

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vincentnoot ,

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved?
If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it.
Or you are still confused about it, please provide me with more details about your table and your problem or share me with your pbix file from your Onedrive for Business.

Best Regards,
Stephen Tao

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vincentnoot ,

It may be because the Naam column corresponding to your date column does not contain all the values. As shown in the following two figures, the Value column contains only four values(E,F,G,H) in 2021, so the four values(A,B,C,D) will not be displayed.

2.png1.png

Or the date column and the Naam column are from different tables. In fact, it is similar to the above, the values not contained in the date column will also be filtered out.

4.png3.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your suggestion. However, this is not the case in my dataset.

I now solved it by removing my date filter, selecting the required filters, and then adding the date filter back in. This actually works and my data is now correctly filtered. 

When I remove the filters though, they disappear again from the filter pane and I need to repeat above method to add them back in.

I don't know how I can show my file without exposing my client's private data.

Kind regards,

Vincent

Hi @vincentnoot ,

Now that you have solved the problem, you can accept your own reply as the  solution

More people will benefit from it.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@vincentnoot , if the date is part of the same table or with bi-direction with a table having this, this will filter out.

Also, there is no option to stop interaction between page level filters.

You can create a separate table for Naam and join it back with your fact table and use that in the page level filter. That should work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.