Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pacoruiz

Incomplete data load from Tabular database

Hi.  I'm having a very strange issue.

I have a tabular database with financial information of two fiscal years, 2016 and 2017.  This tabular database is the source of my PowerBI solution.  Is not a live connection, as I'm manually refreshing the data as I created many DAX based measures on PBI side. There is one specific table from which I have exactly 28999 rows on my relational database (the source of the tabular), the tabular itself (verified browsing the data in Management Studio) but PBI is only importing 28639 rows.  

I've tried deleting the tabular database, deploying it again, refreshing and have browsed the entire solutions for something. Nothing seems wrong.  Even I've tried to import that same table with a different name but the same quantity of rows is coming.  Is a Fact table the affected, and is partitioned by Fiscal Year.  I've checked even the quantity of rows by partition in the Management Studio and all is ok.  This difference in rows is causing to not having the same totals on both sides.

Do you guys have any idea of what can be wrong?  Maybe I'm passing something important to check.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@pacoruiz

You can go to Query Editor - Advanced Editor to check if there is any step removing the duplicate rows.

Incomplete data load from Tabular database_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

pacoruiz

I've found the issue directly on duplicated rows. Even I don't have any instruction to remove duplicates, for some reason the rows weren't coming. I've tried to import the table from tabular with an alias name and the Keep Duplicates instruction. All figures are matching now. I applied the same instruction to the previous table and nothing changed. I inactivated all the relationships and reload the data and nothing changed. So it was working just with the new table. So, is fixed but didn't find the cause of the error.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.