Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Incomplete Data (Append)

Last Friday there was a notification on https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ regarding an issue with certain customers:

"Customers utilizing specific connectors without using native SQL queries, pulling SQL data that does not include a SQL primary key column in the final result, and doing Append or Merge operations may experience missing or incomplete data when refreshing reports in the Power BI service. The following is a list of connectors impacted: SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Teradata, Sybase, Informix, DB2 or Access. A fix has been created and is in progress of being deployed. Next update @08/04/2018 18:30 PDT. 

I am one of the customers affected by this.  I checked the support website again this morning, Monday (8/6/2018), and it looks like that notification is gone suggesting that the issue is fixed.

It is not fixed, all of our reports are missing data.

May we please get an official response on this.  At least give us a workaround as we rely heavily on the reports generated by this service.

Thank you.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm still not able to reproduce the issue on my side. Would you please update your Power BI desktop to August version 2.61.5192.541 to see if the issue persists? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

musicbydannyd
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Just installed August desktop app AND August on-premises gateway... no more issues.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, thank you very much.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous@musicbydannyd,

It seems the issue is resolved now. May I close this thread? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-qiuyu-msft, it appears all is working as expected on my end... thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That did the trick for me as well.

musicbydannyd
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Just installed August desktop app AND August on-premises gateway... no more issues.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm still not able to reproduce the issue on my side. Would you please update your Power BI desktop to August version 2.61.5192.541 to see if the issue persists? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Cluster: 

Power BI
Version 13.0.6199.204 
Activity ID df4c312c-bad0-cdf0-b04d-68bcfa22902d 
Time Wed Aug 08 2018 09:16:43 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time) 
Your data is stored in North Central US (Illinois)

Do you mean you repeat append queries four time to append these 5 tables, right?append.JPG

From your description, it looks like the issue happens in Power BI desktop, right? 

It happens on both desktop and web.

When you mention "only picks up 1000 rows of each table", do you mean the issue occurs in Query Editor, Data tab or Report tab after apply changes?

It happens on both Data and Report.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

You can find your Power BI cluster via below option: 

q8.PNG

Do you mean you repeat append queries four time to append these 5 tables, right?

From your description, it looks like the issue happens in Power BI desktop, right? 

When you mention "only picks up 1000 rows of each table", do you mean the issue occurs in Query Editor, Data tab or Report tab after apply changes? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, I am appending 5 tables and it only picks up 1000 rows of each table so when I load the data I only have 5000 rows.

I tested it by appending 1 table at a time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do I share it with you?

Thanks

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I receive the notification that this known issue is already fixed today. Please test again on your side to see if the issue is still here. 

If the issue still persists, would you please share your Power BI cluster with us? Which data source do you get data from have this issue? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.