Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LisaB
Helper III
Helper III

Income Statement - show both Name and No and creating sums

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create an income satatement in Power BI but without getting the desried results... I have the following variables:

- Name (in table ChartofAccounts)

- No (in table ChartofAccounts)

- Year (in table dCalendar)

- Amounts (in table GLEntries)

1. I would like to see both No and Name in but currently I can only see one of them. I also want this to be sorted on No.

2. Is it possible to create sums, i. e. all accounts in the range 3000-3999 should be summarized, and show the sums as they come in the income statement? See image 2.

The account names are in Swedish, hope that's OK. 🙂

Thanks!

Income Statement.pngIncome Statement - NAV.png

4 REPLIES 4
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @LisaB,

In the header of the Matrixyou have arrows on the left and on the right side. The ones in the left drill up and down the rows you placed on your matrix the one on the right if you click on it (making it bvlakc) and the click on the last arrow in the left (double edge arrow) you will make the drill down to the bottom of the level and having it showing n.o and name.

Be aware that you also probably need to go to formatting options, row headers and then turn off stepped layout, and the subtotals also off.

To create the totals by the upper level you need to create a new column to add that level to the calculation.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Hi,

Thank you both. My report looks lite this now. However, I didn't quite get how to create sums for different ranges. I actually already have this in my chart of accounts, can I use the Begin-total and End-total in some way to make it easier?

Current.pngChart of accounts.png

@LisaB,

What kind of sums do you want to calculate and what logic do you use? Please post sample data of your table here that we can copy and paste following the guide in this thread: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490 .

Also please post expected result based on your sample data.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

You could create a new column in the Power Query Editor in which you could add the name and No.

You could also put in the Account Name into the Rows, and then expland all of the items. After which you could go into the Propertes (Formatting Painter) and configure the Sub Totals on the level that you require.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.