Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

omdavies
Frequent Visitor

Inclusive Page / Visual Filters

Is it possible to configure a report to filter inclusivly ?  Scenario to use is:

Table of Incidents 

Title

Status

Open Date

Close Date

I would like to create a table of incidents that are either open or closed after 1st December 2020.  Ideally this date would be based on date slider.   It would be simple to implement an AND, but that is not what I am after.

Any thoughts on how/if this can be achieved ?

4 REPLIES 4
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @omdavies ,

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it.Thank you.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @omdavies ,

According to my understand, when select 2021 in Close Date ,you want to display one of the open date and close date is 2021. For example, the following data meet the conditions, right?

open dateclose date
2020/1/12021/1/2

2021/1/3

2020/1/4
2021/1/52021/1/6

If so , you need to create a single table for close date and use the following formula:

Measure =
IF (
    YEAR ( MAX ( 'Worksheet'[Open Date] ) )
        IN ALLSELECTED ( 'Table'[Close Year] )
            || YEAR ( MAX ( 'Worksheet'[Close Date] ) ) IN ALLSELECTED ( 'Table'[Close Year] ),
)

Then apply the measure to filter pane ,set as "is 1". The final output looks like this:

12.10.3.1.gif

Here is the pbix file.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @omdavies ,

I don't understand your requirement completly. Can you share some sample data with input and expected output?

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Hi, below is an example.  The way it is saved shows all Open AND close date of 2021.  What I want is open OR close date of 2021.  So for example it could show those that are closed but close date in 2021.  Does that make sense ?

https://remarkabledynamicsltd-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/owen_remarkabledynamics_com/EfbDWjvIl...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.