Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rk761651
Frequent Visitor

Include more values on X-Axis

I'm creating a dashboard which will show, among other things, scores out of 5 for a maturity test in a simple bar chart. At present, all units are scoring in a 1-3 range. As such, in my dataset the maturity scores do not include any 4s or 5s.

I'd like my bar chart to have 4 and 5 labelled permanently from the start (and 1, 2 and 3 to stay there when all units eventually mature). How can I achieve that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @rk761651 

Based on your description, I created data to reproduce your scenario. The pbix file is attached in the end.

Table:

f1.png

Score:

f2.png

There is a relationship between two tables.

f3.png

You may create a measure as below.

Result = 
COALESCE(
    SUM('Table'[Value]),
)

Result:

f4.png

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @rk761651 

Based on your description, I created data to reproduce your scenario. The pbix file is attached in the end.

Table:

f1.png

Score:

f2.png

There is a relationship between two tables.

f3.png

You may create a measure as below.

Result = 
COALESCE(
    SUM('Table'[Value]),
)

Result:

f4.png

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

NamishB
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @rk761651 - The values 4 and 5 are not shown because your data model doesnt recognise these values unless you storing Maturity scores values (1, 2,3,4, 5) in a seperate table?

and connect your actual data table with Maturity score table. This way data model will know values containing 1 to 5 and use this column from Maturity Score values and show items with no data.

NamishB_0-1604688957668.png

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

-Namish B

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.